Lugares - monumentos - Palacio del Licenciado Butrón
Palace of Licenciate Butrón
Particular importance in its patio of plaster of Paris decoration of the highest quality
It was built over pre-existing edifications of the 15th century. It was ordered to be built by Francisco de Butrón, Lawyer of the Chancellorship, between 1565-72. It was built by Juan de la Lastra using probably a project of Francisco de Salamanca. The courtyard has three sides with columns and one enclosed by an elegant cushioned wall, decorated with medallions. In 1637 the house was sold to the Recollect nuns of Santa Brígida, and became a convent. In 1692 the construction works of the church with a single nave and a barrel vault -by Manuel Izquierdo- were started.
In the front of the building we see the coat of arms of the owners: Francisco de Butrón and María de Rojas. Since 2002 it is the General Archive of the Regional Government of Castile-Leon.
Valladolid seen through the eyes of its inhabitants and tourists