Lugares - monumentos - Iglesia de la Pasión
Church of the Passion
Nowadays is a municipal exhibition hall
Started at the end of the 16th century, the church of the Religious Fraternity of the Passion of Our Lord (Iglesia de la Cofradía Penitencial de la Pasión) offers the typical characteristics of a penitential church, designed to store processional floats. The baroque façade of 1672 -time of transition towards the Churrigueresque style (or Spanish Baroque)- has abundant references to the Passion of Christ. . The lush interior decoration with baroque stuccos is a work by Felipe Barrojo. Now declared a National Monument and closed to worship since the beginning of the 20th century, it has undergone restoration and refurbishing works to meet its current needs as a museum and municipal exhibition hall.