Lugares - museo - San Joaquín y Santa Ana
Museum Royal Monastery of Saint Joaquim and Saint Anne
This convent of Bernardine nuns was founded in 1596. In 1780 Carlos III accepted the petition of the nuns to reconstruct the building, commissioning the design to Francisco Sabatini. The works finished in 1787. Since 1978 it houses the Museum. The Museum has ten halls distributed in two floors. Among the paintings in the church there are three works of art of Francisco de Goya and his brother-in-law Ramón Bayeu. There is a collection of paintings, clothes, crockery, sculptures, etc. typical of a convent. There are also important masterpieces of religious imagery, both from Castile and Andalusia, highlighting the Lying Christ by Gregorio Fernández , "La Dolorosa" by Pedro de Mena, 46 images of Baby Jesus, local paintings of the 17th century, and Italian paintings of the 16th century.