Lugares - monumentos - Iglesia Pilar - Lugares - monumentos - Iglesia Pilar
Church of Nuestra Señora del Pilar
Combines brick for walls and stone for the base and the façade
Its construction started in 1906 at the expense of Tadea Prado, widower of Rafael Cano, Law Professor at the University of Valladolid. It is a work by Juan Agapito y Revilla, the city's architect. It has a Latin cross plan, with a single nave and five sections, cruiser and polygonal apse. In the apse there is a neo-Gothic altarpiece made of wood, containing the sacrarium, crowned by an image of the Virgen del Pilar. Outside, in the facade a window with gothic tracery, crowned by a semicircular steeple in two sections, stands out. The church combines brick for walls and stone for the base, the facade, windows and decorative elements. In 1994 was declared as a Property of Cultural Interest. It was restored in 1999.
Plaza Rafael Cano, 4,