Lugares - monumentos - iglesia de San Agustín - Lugares - monumentos - iglesia de San Agustín
Church of Saint Agustín
An impressive restoration signed by Primitivo González
This church is a part of the installations of a convent that was founded in 1407 following a transfer of land by the Condestable of Castile Ruy Lope Dávalos.
The original church was replaced by another, started in 1550 with the construction of the transept and two chapels. The works continued in 1619, under the architectural guidance of Diego de Praves, and finished in 1664 with the facade, that showed the coat of arms of the Counts of Villamediana, the patrons since 1606. The influence of the convent flourished during the 16th and 17th centuries.
In the 19th century, it was affected by the Official Expropriation of Mendizábal, and was used as barracks for the French army during the Independence War. Later on it was acquired by the City Council and used since 2001 as the Municipal Archive.
Calle Santo Domingo de Guzmán, 8
Widget tiempo Valladolid
Valladolid seen through the eyes of its inhabitants and tourists