Lugares - monumentos - Plaza de Toros - Lugares - monumentos - Plaza de Toros
Based on a continuous façade with three ring-shaped brick floors
Its construction started in 1888, and was inaugurated on 20 September 1890 during the city's fair. In 1997 it was fully restored. All the wooden structure was replaced by a flame-resistant material and the roof and fronts were also changed. In 1999 the outside esplanade was also reformed, an underground car park was built, and the sculpture of the bullfighter Fernando Domínguez by Pablo Ignacio Lozano was installed. In 2007 the sculptural group called "Arco de Toros" by Carmen Rabanal Tablada was added. The exterior of the construction is based on a continuous façade, in the Roman fashion, with three ring-shaped brick floors, divided into fifty sections separated by buttresses. It is crowned by a cresting with pinnacles. The interior has two floors with colonnades and balconies. The metal structure was made in Bilbao and Gabilondo. It has a capacity for 10,475 people.
Valladolid seen through the eyes of its inhabitants and tourists