Lugares - monumentos - monasterio señora del prado - Lugares - monumentos - monasterio señora del prado
Monastery of Nuestra Señora de Prado
It was founded by Hieronymite monks in 1440
This monastery was founded by Hieronymite monks in 1440, and restored almost completely during the 17th century, resulting in the large monastic complex we know today. It is known as the "el Escorial Vallisoletano". The cloisters and the baroque colonnaded facade stand out in the building. After the Ecclesiastical Confiscations of Mendizábal, it was used for civil purposes. Now is the headquarters of various departments of the Regional Government of Castile-Leon, and its church was reinaugurated in 1999 as an exhibition hall.
Valladolid seen through the eyes of its inhabitants and tourists